Click the DEVICES icon in the tool bar on the left of the application window. The DEVICES tool lists the available AVB entities on the network. When connected to an AVB enabled network switch, AVB devices advertise their presence and are listed here.
The device list can be sorted by clicking on the column header. The columns list the entity name, device type, device model, device brand, Milan Group Name, network status, and the Milan AVB audio status.
Meyer Sound Milan AVB enabled devices:
- Galileo GALAXY processors
- Loudspeakers equipped with Milan Endpoint (MEP) input modules
Other Milan AVB devices:
- Microphone Preamps
- Mixing consoles
Other devices that connect to Nebra:
- Avnu Certified network switches
The DEVICES tool provides the following functions:
- view device details
- group devices in Folders
- modify a device’s Entity Name and Milan Group Name
- change a Meyer Sound device’s Operation Mode (Normal, Recovery, Spacemap)
- select a device’s Media Clock Source
- update a device’s firmware
- reboot a device to factory defaults
For each entity or folder listed, these functions are available:
- Click once on an Entity Name to display all of the device details in the Sidebar.
- Click once on a folder to list the devices in the Sidebar.
- Right-click an entity or folder to open a contextual menu specific to the device.
- Double-click an Entity Name to modify it. Press Tab on the keyboard to modify the next name.
- Double-click a Milan Group Name to modify it. Press Tab on the keyboard to modify the next name.
When a device is clicked once, the Sidebar opens. Depending on the device, different tabs are available that display the properties of the selected device. When a folder is selected, the entities in the folder are listed in the Sidebar. To display the details of an entity in a folder, click the entity in the Sidebar.
At the top of the Sidebar there are two buttons. Click the X icon to close the Sidebar. Click the dual-rectangle icon to open the Sidebar in a separate window, only available when using the Nebra application.
Double-click the M icon to mute the input of a loudspeaker or all the loudspeakers in a folder (available for loudspeakers only).
Double-click the S icon solos the loudspeaker or all the loudspeakers in a folder (available for loudspeakers only).
Double-click the eye icon to activate the Wink function, available for all 1722.1 device (AVDECC).
The three-dot, more icon offers additional options for different device types.
NOTE: When a folder is winked, the devices in the folder are winked one at a time for one second, repetitively, in order.
Nebra uses Folders to help organize and reduce the number of icons in the workspace.
Click the EDIT button in the upper-right corner of the application.
From the device list, make selections by clicking the in the boxes on the left, next to each device.
Click one of the function buttons located above the list to perform the desired function:
- Remove from Folder
- Move to another Folder
- Create Folder
NOTE: Only devices of the same type can be added to a folder, e.g., loudspeakers, processors.
NOTE: Folders that contain the same device types are listed at the top of the list to avoid duplicate names.
NOTE: See additional information about Folders on the Connect page.
Entity and Group Names
To change the Entity Name of a device, double-click the Entity Name in the device list, then type the new name.
To change the Milan Group Name of an entity, double-click the Milan Group Name in the device list, then type the new name. Or, from the Sidebar, click the pen icon next to the Milan Group Name and enter the new name.
Please visit Connect next.